USB Type-C Power Delivery Controller
BD93E11GWL is a full function USB Type-C Power Delivery (PD) Controller that supports USB PD using base-band communication. It is compatible with USB Type-C Specification and Power Delivery specification. BD93E11GWL includes support for the PD policy engine and communicates with an Embedded Controller or the SoC via host interface. It supports SOP, SOP'and SOP' signaling allowing it to communicate with cable marker ICs.
- 32 Bit ARM® Cortex®-M0 Processor Embedded
- USB Type-C Specification Release 1.3 Compatible
- USB PD Specification Revision 3.0 Compatible
- Integrated VCONN Switches
- Integrated VBUS N-ch MOSFET Switch Gate Driver
- Integrated VBUS Discharge Switch
- Supports Dead Battery Operation
- I2C Interface for Host Communication
- Evaluation Board
The EVK assumes Stand-Alone operation in the Dead Battery mode, so this EVK does not need an external power source and works as a VBUS powered product. The board will supply power and voltage via VSNK terminal based on the negotiation contracted with the source. Therefore, any existing board that is powered by an AC adapter or a regulated power supply up to 80W/20V can work and be evaluated with the EVK as a Type-C/PD power source.